It probably isn’t that big a deal to arrange a few furniture, set up a couple of equipment and calls it a day. However, that doesn’t make your patio all the more beautiful, does it? Designing a beautiful patio space is a very tricky task. Might I add, it is also a very intuitive job too. There are people who’ve spent years, solely dedicated to the art of designing creatively unique patios for homes. You probably are wondering how to do so yourself, am I right? Well, you’re in the right place. I’ve detailed down the best tips and hacks that will enable you to design your very own patio.
What are the best patio designing tips?
Out of the many tips that exist, the following are some of the more crucial ones that you could adhere to in order to design your very own outdoor patio easily.
- Material Mixing: Those days are gone when all patio furniture were made out of the very same materials. The modern day patio designs include a mix of various items. When you don’t like all your furniture inside your house looking alike, why should your patio furniture match at all? Ensure to use a very sustainable and weather proof wood such as rain resistant one for the patio crafting. Either go for weather treated one or perhaps the more weather permeable one as well.
- Porch Swing: Sounds exciting right? A lot of people have their own porch swing in their backyard. Get yourself one too. It lights up the setup completely. Try to get a metal swing or perhaps one with a wooden base. It is a good choice to include either since a patio is outdoors and a poor material one will easily get damaged due to the changing weather.
- Lounge Environment: Lounge areas are a dear to me. I love the idea of including a lounging area in the patio. Try to fit in a coffee table in there along with a very good seating arrangement like a couch perhaps will simply make the place so much more wonderful. Chairs are like formal seating stuff while a patio should more about comfort and hence you should include soft cushioned seating like bean bags or lazy couches perhaps.
- Jewel Tones: Colour is beautiful, period. Flaunt the beauty of your patio with its colours that are included in the pillows, cushions, tables and more. Avoid the red colour. It simply feels too bulky for a patio design. Stick to something more monotone like grey or tan.
- Go with consistent planting: You must have seen several plantings in your friend’s patio or someplace else. Having a consistent set of planting will make it very easy for you to take care of and nurture. It will also reduce the burden of regular gardening too. Also, you want your patio to be simple yet sophisticated and hence the consistent plants will enable you to keep it that way very easily.